Friday, April 17, 2009

Currently working on..

Just got introduced to collaging. It's weird bc kids usually have to do collages in grade school, and i remember doing some..but there were never any standards to it..just cut up pictures, magazines, newspaper and glue em together.
We're doing a collage assignment in painting class right now: creating a small collage as a study for a large painting. It was difficult at first for me but I think i'm beginning to get the hang of it?
I decided to do another collage piece on the side with Claudette. I have a large square piece of wood that I gessoed up.

Here's the study in my sketchbook.

One of my favorite artists, Lee Krasner did a lot of collages.


I'm obsessed with her life. She was married to Jackson Pollock and was actually more well known before they got together. After they hooked up, everyone began to notice him and her artwork slowed down bc she was backing him up and encouraging him. It kind of frustrates me bc in my opinion as well as many others, she was a way better artist than he was..

No comments:

Post a Comment