Sunday, March 8, 2009

a tribute to my EX-idol

So I was in the car this morning when a classic Mariah Carey song came on: Emotions. And It brought me back to the days when I was a little girl and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED HER! When she first came out, she had her big curly hair..and I have a video of her in concert when she was all humble and sweet and had SMALL TITS!! I have all of her albums..up until Rainbow. After Rainbow I gave up on her. Here are the ones I love:








































































Even in butterfly, she began to grow and cross over. When she came out with honey remix with the lox and mase in the video? LOVED IT! That's when bad boy was awesome too.. But then she got really famous, and was portrayed as this diva..and then her boobs got all big..Oh yeah and her songs started to suck!
So 2 years ago I was working at a bar and got news that she was renting out the place for a birthday party. I should've been excited since she was my childhood idol..but I was just more curious as to how she really is in real life. So of course she arrives hours late in dark sunglasses (even though it was hella dark inside) and her entourage of big buff body guards. When she was about to arrive, her assistant ran in and told the DJ that he has to play entrance music, which of course was "Fantasy"..throughout the night the assistant was bugging the DJ to play only her songs. MC doesn't have many party/club songs so the DJ ran out and had to repeat songs, LOL. but I guess that was better than playing anything else for them! That just showed how into herself she was..
She gave us some great music early in the years. So I commend her..
Let her continue on with her midlife crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment