Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm back!!!!



So it's been a little over a month since my last REAL post (disregarding the last few posts that were just of music)

I graduated from FIT with my associates and started working full time at a 9-5 job, which I don't like (what artist would?) but I need to make that paper to get my ass through the next semester..It's a lot of $$$ being in art school!

With the stress of working for the biggest divo, and of everyday life..I developed artist block. I basically waited and waited til I could overcome it..which led to me not doing anything creative in more than a month.

I always emphasize how there are people who are natural talkers, who feel comfortable sharing their feelings..and those who aren't and keep their shit to themselves. I am part of the latter, but thankfully have other ways to express myself which is through creative art. Not being comfortable verbally + having artist block has really overwhelmed me because of all the stuff built up inside of me. SO after a month or so of this...I stopped waiting around for the artist block to go away, and just forced myself to do something. I sat infront of my easel, put in my headphones and just drew.
Sometimes there are things that are so obvious but it hits you when you say it outloud or when you just do it. I learned today that you can't just wait around for things to come to you.

I've been saving up and can finally purchase my stickers!! I'm coming baccck!! :D

*****************************************************************************
Was looking through some old pictures and came across photos of work I did when I was younger..when I took a class at Parsons. I was so hungry then and it shows :( I need to get that feeling back








No comments:

Post a Comment