Saturday, May 16, 2009

The final days of school...


Hammered together my series.. It came out well..
I'm thinking of doing more self portraits during the summer; very interested in it and I've gotten a lot of good feedback about the new style. Excited.


We had a mini crit in my Life Drawing class..During the final 3 weeks, I decided to do a series of acrylic figure paintings where I keep turning the paper in different directions to work on my composition. At the end, it's just a bunch of figures on top of eachother and it looks pretty abstract. Got a lot of good feedback on that also.

The final critique is on Monday where I gather up my best work from each class and all the professors come down to talk about your progress, etc. I always get nervous at this time just because it's intimidating to have professors/artists talk about your work but..It's a great experience because this is the only point in my life where I will have a bunch of artists around my work giving their opinions, only in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment